Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Oracle Database Administrator IV
Requisition ID: 19106
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for an Oracle Database Administrator IV at our corporate office in Cranberry, PA to maintain the integrity, security and availability of multiple databases. This includes disaster recovery, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of data. Ensure that system hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to company standards. Administers, maintains, develops and implements policies and procedures for ensuring the security and integrity of the database. Evaluates and recommends available database management system (DBMS) products. The individual will be the subject matter expert that performs Oracle, SQL Server Database and Application server administration.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Demonstrates cross-functional expertise and the ability to thrive in a highly complex environment as well as may lead the work of others or provide guidance to entry level roles.
- Point of contact for escalated higher level issues and ownership of all DBA projects.Maintain the integrity, security, performance and availability of databases.
- Install, upgrade, patch configure, troubleshoot and administer a variety of 3rd party vendor tools.
- Performs database and software life-cycle activities to ensure highest level of system performance and availability and compliance with business requirements.
- Monitor database(s) for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data and recommendations for improvements.
- Deployments at Database level, Cognos, Middleware products, Websphere application server, Websphere commerce applications, Version control systems.
- Advanced troubleshooting (ability to think outside of box) and advanced shell scripting for all databases involving Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Golden Gate, Cognos, Commerce, Websphere, Fusion Middleware, Oracle EBS
- New Installations, Upgrades, Strategic analysis, point of contact for major issues for Oracle EBS.
- Perform backup and recovery of databases, performance analysis and tuning, index maintenance, and monitoring of databases.
- Configuration and maintenance of web-tier infrastructure (Apache, IIS, Solr, etc…)
- High availability and Disaster recovery – installation and configuration at database layer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- Efficient in all Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.