Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Facilities Maintenance Manager
Requisition ID: 19134
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Selected candidate will be responsible for managing day to day activities within the facilities maintenance department. Oversees and manages the production and facility equipment, as well as ensuring building integrity. Ensures production and operations can operate at a high level, ensuring timelines are met, and deadlines on SLA requirements are maintained.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
Expertise in one or more of the following fields: Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Networking, HVAC, Facility Maintenance, Engineering Installation, Software and PLC controls, and Core Audit.
Confers with Team Lead at start of each shift to determine work priorities, supplies required, and understand assignments.
Oversees the prioritization of work orders, and how it affects the overall operation.
Utilizes necessary software and resources to ensure smooth work flow.
Ensures Safety procedures are followed to ensure a safe work place. Examples include lock out, tag out and proper use and stored of tools and equipment.
Works with the Maintenance Technicians, in a team environment, to address maintenance assignments and trouble shoot issues. Works with Manager level and above to provide input for best solutions.
May assist in the training of new maintenance team members. Arranges for cross training of team members in new trades as work schedule allows.
Assists engineers with production and facility layout and processes with focus on safety, quality, productivity, cost savings and minimizing waste.
Quotes and leads contractors in installation or repair of equipment when necessary.
Helps design and support engineering projects.
Manage department budget.
You might be a great fit if.......
- 5+ years experience working inside maintenance programs within supply chain logistics. Experience within consumer electronics verticals a plus. New business and facility implementation project management.
- Strong working knowledge of conveyors and packaging equipment required, with software and PLC controls experience.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a wide variety of complicated tasks with minimal supervision with focus on safe practices.
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Requires Bachelors Degree in Engineering or its equivalent with 10 or more years experience in related field/environment.
- Environmental, Health & Safety Program experience is a plus.
- Interest in and ability to function in a team environment.
- Maintain a safe work program, and promote best practice, as well as enforcing company policies.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.