Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Operator, Machine - 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 19189
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Operator, Machine will lead one or more packaging machines in the grade two classification. The candidate directs the production work team to meet work center goals in safety, quality, and productivity in an effective manner. The incumbent possesses basic mechanical and electrical abilities to make minor repairs or perform preventative maintenance activities on the equipment.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Set up and operate assigned machine effectively.
- Performs basic mechanical and electrical troubleshooting of machine and makes minor adjustments.
- Follow production schedule as stated from planning or directed by shift coach.
- Support safety, housekeeping, 5S, and preventative maintenance initiatives as required.
- Follow established standard operating procedures (SOP).
- Execute corrective and preventative work orders as assigned or as date and priority dictate and skill set allows.
- Participate in ordering and maintaining machine part inventories and supplies as defined by the Maintenance Coach.
- Instruct new team members of basic safety, quality and productivity standards at the work center.
- Update production metric boards accurately and in a timely manner.
- Complete required work center documents accurately.
- Ensure that the assigned machine is working in a safe and proper manner, and use proper safety equipment accordingly.
- Reports on all safety initiatives to the Supervisor.
- Confirm component accuracy with the Bill of Material.
- Conduct a visual inspection of raw material while running to look for defects.
- Pack finished product correctly in respect to quantity and product orientation.
- Ensure that finished good item is labeled accurately.
- Calculate standard production requirements from the work order.
- Communicate with Coach when production goals are not met to define and eliminate barriers.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 4 years of relevant experience.
- Must have sufficient maintenance and electrical experience to be able to qualify in all skill requirements.
- Complete any manufacturing formal training specific to assigned work centers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 19189