Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Project Engineer II
Requisition ID: 19551
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Engineer, Project II will support new business solutions and designs for customers. Incumbent will be expected to assess complex data sets to drive facility layouts and optimize the operation. He or she must be able to apply project management techniques as it relates to managing technical scopes of work for an integrated project plan.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Analyze multiple data sets and able to compile results to support new facility layout design
- Assess inbound, outbound data files for volume profiles and peak concerns
- Assess inventory files for SKU profile and how it relates to design of systems
- Assess slotting profiling of SKU’s
- Leads translating the data to design a facility layout for medium projects (less than 100,000 Sq Ft)
- Supports the development of process flows through the facility and assess it against volume profiles to understand impacts to operations
- Supports the review of customer specifications and understand their impact to new building designs
- Leads the development of cost estimates for capital expenses for small capital projects (less than $1 million)
- Supports presentations with internal and external customers.
- Supports customer site visits to assess new business opportunities
- Able to balance competing priorities from both internal and external customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or related engineering field required and 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures. Knowledge includes real-world understanding of warehouse operations.
- Strong analytic and problem solving capacity with large data sets
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Understands and knows how to apply project management tools: scheduling, risk management, budgeting, procurement, and change orders.
- The incumbent must have a familiarity with a basic subset of warehouse business systems, warehouse operation concepts, practices, and processes.
- Ability to continuously learn and adapt new tools, technologies; even when self-taught.
- Experienced in Six Sigma, Layout Design, Slotting Tools/Techniques, Simulation, WMS Systems
- Has a strong working understanding and experience using 2D and 3D CAD software packages to design warehouse layouts
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work efficiently and effectively on concurrent engineering teams
- Excels at time management
- Customer service driven.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.