Client Services Manager
Requisition ID: 19559
out FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Client Service Manager is responsible for communicating with clients regarding service delivery, providing assistance on day – to – day issue resolution, evaluating and service design. The Client Service Manager ensures the delivery of optimal service, client satisfaction and client retention.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and managed the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Determining customer service requirements by maintaining contact with customer; visiting both contracted and prospect customers; conducting surveys; benchmarking best practices; analyzing information and returns data.
- Meeting customer service financial objectives, working within established budget.
- Improving customer service quality results by studying evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring and analyzing results; implementing changes.
- Resolving issues as received from customers; such as invoicing inquires and special project requests.
- Achieving customer service objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying customer service trends; determine system improvements; implementing change.
- Accomplishing customer service objectives by assisting in recruiting and selecting Client Service Representatives to fill required roles on team.
- Ensuring regular conference calls are conducted with each client, building solid partnerships.
- Overseeing quarterly business reviews to ensure we are meeting all expected requirements.
- Traveling to trade shows and client visits as needed. (10+ times per year).
- Performing other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Five (5) plus years of experience in account management or business to business customer service preferred.
- Supervisory or management experience in an office environment.
- Ability to manage difficult or emotional customer situations, respond promptly to customer needs and meet commitments.
- Understanding of business and financial implications of decisions and ability to align work with strategic goals.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 19559