Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Requisition ID: 19568
GENCO, A FedEx Company, is a leading supply chain solution provider specializing in Product Lifecycle Logistics® for technology, retail, consumer and industrial goods, and healthcare industries. Operating more than 38 million square feet throughout North America, GENCO provides a comprehensive range of integrated logistics services to enable growth, minimize cost, mitigate supply chain risk, and improve customer service. Services include inbound logistics, warehousing and distribution, fulfillment, contract packaging and product configuration, systems integration, returns processing and disposition, test, repair, refurbishment, product liquidation, and managed transportation. Visit genco.com, gencomarketplace.com, and nobetterdeal.com for more information.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Safety Specialist provides technical support and tactical execution in the implementation of Company safety programs within assigned facilities. He or she will also be responsible for training and support of safety programs of assigned facilities.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Serve as designated safety representative of assigned facility, coordinating and implementing all areas of the Company safety programs.
- Conduct training and coach teammates on work habits in support of this effort.
- Support management’s efforts to ensure compliance with corporate Safety Program expectations and applicable federal and state law.
- Conducting safety self-audit and inspection programs, maintaining accurate records of such audits, implementing recommendations for corrective or preventive measures when gaps or non-compliance items are discovered, and following up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Identify and inform management of compliance issues, safety risks and improvement opportunities through the conduct of daily, weekly and monthly audits.
- Facilitate incident investigation process.
- Maintain accurate daily, weekly and monthly metrics reporting to onsite management teams and corporate based reporting systems.
- Provide immediate aid for individuals needing medical attention.
- Train and assist others to complete their Safety responsibilities.
- Basic Knowledge of Warehouse and Distribution activities such as receiving, transportation pick and pack, inventory counts.
- Monitor safety regulations as applied to the use and handling of equipment, vehicles and licensing requirements.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the Safety and Occupational Health field within the past five (5) years.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills to all levels of management and teammates.
- Extensive knowledge with OSHA regulations and safety management principles.
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of safety regulations, accident/injury prevention, and project management.
- U.S. Expatriate
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 19568