Journeyman Millwright, 3rd Shift
Requisition ID: 19581
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, retirement options, and much more!
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Fit bearings, align gears and shafts, attach motors, and connect couplings and belts
- Installing, maintaining, repairing, and troubleshooting machinery
- Read diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures
- Align and test equipment, and make any necessary adjustments
- Perform preventive and operational maintenance using procedures such as vibration analysis, and repair or replace defective parts when necessary
- Trouble-shoot hydraulic, pneumatic and programmable logic controls
- May do some tack welding and fabrication as well as maintain an inventory of replacement parts
- Exercises immediate responsibility and authority over the combined resources (people and equipment) to ensure the work area operates
- safe and efficiently
- Lead and coordinate the activities of all Teammates in the work area
- Actively participate in and proactively support the advancement of the FedEx Safety Program
- Maintaining a clean and safe work environment
- Daily assignments subject to area of volumes and needs of the business
- Assuring adherence to all procedures and policies in assigned area
- Organizing and maintaining efficient workflow scheduling in line with "customer" needs
- Recommending measures to improve performance and increase efficiency
·You might be a great fit if…
- Alberta Journeyman Millwright Certificate or red seal equivalent reqired
- Must posses a high level of trouble shooting skills
- Experience with CMMS (Maintenance Express) would be considered an asset
- Experience purchasing maintenance equipment and managing maintenance inventory is an asset
- Minimum of five (5) years maintenance experience in a warehouse environment
- General knowledge of Health & Safety including Occupational Health and Safety Legislation and Regulations for Industrial Establishments, Hazard Recognition, Material Handling Equipment, PPE, Machine Guarding, and Electrical Safety
- Strong customer service skills partnered with strong team work skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced and service oriented facility meeting tight deadlines
- Excellent time management, prioritization, multitasking and organizational skills
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy
- Proficient in office computer applications such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to work overtime determined by workload/project requirements and be flexible in your working shifts to meet client needs
- Ability to lift/carry up to and including 23 kilograms (50 pounds)
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.