Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Attorney, Regulatory
Requisition ID: 19710
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Staff level attorney to provide regulatory advice, counsel and management of litigation matters for the Company.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Collaborate with internal business clients and FedEx attorneys.
- Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Studies major areas of concern to the Company to recommend appropriate plans of action.
- Represents the company before federal, state and local courts, administrative agencies and/or other third-parties. Engages, oversees, directs and/or evaluates the performance and progress of outside counsel representing the company to ensure requisite expert legal advice is obtained when/as necessary.
- Provides on-the-spot and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience. Provides legal counsel on cross-functional and cross-operating company projects and initiatives.
- Develops and delivers presentations and training to employees, including management, within area of responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Juris Doctorate in related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Admitted to and currently in good standing with the required State Bar.
- Traditional regulatory law experience; regulatory-related litigation experience.
- Experience with the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act and health care law strongly preferred.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
- Ability to work and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.
Job ID: 19710