Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Shipping / Receiving Team Lead - 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 19767
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
- Must have experience on various lift equipment (high reach, sit-down, stand-up).
- Coordinates and monitors daily workload activities which include productivity tracking. This includes review, assignment and completion of daily workloads, maintains inventory accuracy by units, locations and ensures order quality and accuracy.
- Evaluates workloads and team resources and is proficient at communicating changing requirements to Management for workflow and assignment adjustments.
- Monitors the operation of all equipment, safety, security and housekeeping of the area and ensures company policies are followed.
- Conducts and monitors employee training. Assists Supervisors with on-boarding new associates.
- Provides comprehensive feedback to Supervisors in regard to employee performance, productivity and attendance. Assists with writing employee reviews. This can entail writing detailed notes, monthly reports and department-to-department updates for the supervisor to utilize in an employee review.
- Directs process flow assignments.
- Assists with monitoring productivity status and reports.
- Monitors the safe operation of all equipment.
- Conducts new employee training.
- Assists Operations Supervisors with Start of Shift Meetings.
- Ensures housekeeping standards are followed by Distribution Associates.
- Performs Distribution work assignments as needed due to business volume and need.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience with and ability to operate material handling equipment, electric pallet jack experience preferred
- Must be capable of repetitive lifting of up to 50 lbs; must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time
- Must be capable of sitting, standing, and walking for extended periods of time
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to count accurately, do simple math and write legibly
- Familiarity with Radio Frequency (RF) equipment is preferred
- Strong sense of urgency; flexibility in meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and quality
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.