Financial Analyst III
Requisition ID: 19836
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Financial Analyst III will perform analysis to drive optimal business processes, use and maintain revenue and cost models to improve productivity, drive program profitability and new programs, and participate in month-end closing, accounts reconciliation and reviewing financial statements and reports. The incumbent will participate in preparation of annual budgets and monthly forecasts. He or she will monitor and analyze budget and forecast variances and interact with Operations Directors and Managers across 3 customer sites; Montreal, Brampton and Calgary.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Performs strategic analysis to drive optimal business processes and take advantage of program/customer synergies and growth potentials.
- Creates and maintains cost analysis models to improve productivity and drive program profitability, especially for the new programs.
- Assists in fixed assets accounting and control. Analyzes accounts to ensure accuracy.
- Analyzes financial and operational performance, provides concise, relevant explanations, observations and/or recommendations to leadership and executive management.
- Participates in budgets and forecasts and monitors and analyzes the variances to budgets and forecasts.
- Participates in month-end closing process, accounts reconciliation and the preparation of various financial statements and reports.
- Performs analysis to determine trends, estimates, and significant changes, and writes narrative reports explaining findings.
- Review, approve, and audit invoicing processes to the customer.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Coordinates internal audit involving review and development of accounting controls policies and procedures.
- Takes on special projects as needed.
- Establishes pattern of continuous improvement and works with accepted quality guidelines to achieve goals.
- Ensures compliance with company policy and procedures.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with systems, e.g. Oracle, Hyperion Essbase/Planning, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. French and English
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.