Senior Programmer Analyst
Requisition ID: 19853
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior Programmer Analyst provides user support/consultation and technical, operational, and production support, have a strong familiarity with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures, and be proficient in a variety of programming languages and utilities. The incumbent must possess a moderate understanding of the organizations products and services, provide guidance to less experienced personnel, and rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Install, Configure, and maintain MQ and IIB Clustering environment in Linux/Unix environment with high availability, failover, and F5 load balancing.
- Provide Production/Application support and server administration for applications developed using IBM Integration Bus (IBM Message Broker), Data Power, API Connect with ESQL, Java, SOA, ESB, and Apache Web Server.
- Middleware server administration and support for MQ, IIB, Apache Server, other middle ware servers like SOA and ESB servers.
- Upgrading existing MQ, IIB, Web Servers, Java, and other software’s to new version, creating new environments, and managing the same.
- Develops technical and conceptual specifications in support of the overall solution and preparing the prototype to present the proof of concept.
- Developing frameworks, Configure, integrate interfaces to other application systems and developing data related files
- Tests middleware environments for performance and usability
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- At least Five (5) years’ experience installing, developing, and administering WebSphere MQ, IBM Integration Bus (IIB) / IBM Message Broker, Web Servers, and Application Servers in Unix, Windows, and Linux environments
- At least Five (5) years of experience in providing server administration and support applications developed using MQ, IBM Message Broker, Web Servers, and Tomcat J2EE servers
- Experience in server administration and production support on MQ, IIB, Apache Server, Tomcat J2EE server, other middle ware servers like SOA and ESB servers.
- 5+ years of full lifecycle development experience in a large complex transaction processing environment
- Demonstrated knowledge of WebSphere MQ and IBM Integration Bus (WebSphere Message Broker) cluster setup and configuration
- Demonstrated system administration, production support skills, root cause analysis, working with product vendors on production outages, production outage analysis, Crisis management during production outage, etc.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 19853