Quality Control Specialist
Requisition ID: 19950
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Quality Control Specialist acts as a focal point for quality support and addressing customer problems, questions or concerns. They coordinate with the proper site management and work teams to ensure quality work performance and timely responses to customer questions or concerns. Ensure a high level of quality work performance utilizing quality checks and training.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Document and maintain reports on overall customer support requirements and satisfaction.
- Monitor site parcel shipment reports to ensure timely delivery to the end customer per established standards.
- Ensure site is meeting performance objectives relative to self-inspection of the accuracy, timeliness, and effectiveness of mail manifesting processes.
- Adhere to established methods to document and report performance results to the Government.
- Visually inspect or manually check work processes from transportation, induction processing, sort and out-load procedures to ensure SOP standards are met.
- Document and maintain records of process deficiencies identified during QC checks.
- Analyze problems, and develop and implement corrective action to include training.
- Maintain historical trend analysis of test results for modifying/enhancing training material and SOPs.
- Resolve site quality, safety and security problems and ensure that products are processed and shipped out on a daily basis.
- Ensure that management is apprised of any customer concerns or quality deficiencies that must be addressed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor degree in Business, Supply Chain, Total Quality Management or related field preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or equivalent and 6 years of relevant experience.
- Experience managing a quality program requiring statistical sampling development and analysis, development and implementation of a quality control plan, performing trend analysis of deficient performance, providing training, implementing corrective actions to improve performance.
- Experience with ISO 9000 preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 20 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 19950