Logistics Service Representative
Requisition ID: 20041
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Logistics Service Representative (LSR) is responsible for the day to day operations with our customer, assisting them with any inquiries they may have. This includes problem resolution and building customer relationships at the operational level. This position is responsible for monitoring carrier’s daily activities and performance. When issues arise, the LSR is expected to take appropriate action to resolve the issues and ultimately, hold the carriers accountable for meeting our customer’s needs.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Build and maintain relationships with internal and external customers, vendors, and carriers by providing excellent customer service verbally, in writing, and at times, face to face.
- Identify, research, and provide creative problem resolution with carriers, customers, and vendors, understanding the root cause to prevent future occurrences.
- Review transportation cost and service expectations to execute optimal mode and carrier selection.
- Negotiate spot quotes for lanes without contracted rates and identify new contracting opportunities.
- Identify, analyze, recommend, and implement improvement initiatives to drive cost savings and workflow efficiencies, resulting in a Lean culture.
- Support strategic initiatives and provide recommendations for account improvements.
- Create and analyze transportation reports for data driven decision making in meeting key performance expectations.
- Balance the customers’ needs with our company’s profitability when performing daily operational tasks.
- Develop, maintain and execute standard operating procedures.
You might be a great fit if…
- Associate’s Degree in related field preferred and 0-2 years of transportation management experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of transportation management experience.
- Basic proficiency in Microsoft applications such as Excel and Word.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer and employee relationships.
- Ability to problem solve and provide creative solutions.
- Learns technology quickly and work with three to four different programs simultaneously.
- Prioritize tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Work in an innovative, goal-oriented, and results-driven environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 20041