Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Solutions
Requisition ID: 20124
About FedEx Supply Chain…
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Solutions provides strategic leadership to the teams responsible for designing solutions for customers , sales operations and customer analytics, sales process and training, proposals, and sales presentations. This includes design, training, and reinforcement of sales processes. The Senior Manager, Sales Operations and Solutions will oversee a team that provides sales reporting and customer analytics, manages the company’s Salesforce.com system, creates sales presentations and proposals, as well as the team of solutions advisors who support our sales team and customers with out-of-the-box solutions to their supply chain challenges.
1. Manage team of Solutions Advisors who engage our customers and sales teams in early-stage, with expert consultative engagements that leverage FedEx’s enterprise-wide capabilities to create and solve customer supply chain challenges
2. Manage the Business Response team that has responsibility for creating proposals and sales presentations in support of new business pursuits
3. Lead the team responsible for providing sales reporting and customer analytics and drive analytical thinking based on data collection
4. Provide strategic direction for the company’s sales and account management leaders
5. Provide leadership to teams to design, document, implement, and reinforce sales and account management processes and tools
6. Manage the team responsible for the company’s Salesforce.com system
7. Actively work across operating companies to ensure we are leveraging resources internally and building bundled solutions for customers
8. Provide strategic direction on sales metrics and reporting and manage the team responsible for producing them.
9. Implement tools to provide company leadership visibility to the activities, results, and impact of the sales team, account management team, and solutions advisors.
10. Provides leadership in using Quality Driven Management techniques within the business, encouraging use of analysis to drive decision making and development of improvements. Ensures team understands expectations and how information is reported and used.
11. Participates on company-wide teams to ensure company continuous improvements align with the voice of the customer.
12. Actively participates in leadership development activities, including succession planning, coaching, and individual development planning within span of control.
13. Prioritize multiple projects/tasks, tracking and following through on activities within the customer account team.
14. Effectively, manage conflict amongst team members, and remove impediments.
15. Performing all other duties as assigned or requested.You might be a great fit if…
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and at least 10 years relevant experience.
2. In lieu of degree, 15 years of related experience including 8 years management experience
3. Demonstrable experience in Solutions Design
4. Span of control is enterprise wide while managing a diverse team
5. Experience in Sales Operations and/or Sales Management is essential.
6. Strong process orientation with experience designing, documenting, and implementing business processes.
7. Knowledge of 3PL industry, competitive climate, supply chain services and current/future trends including focus on sales metrics.
8. Excellent communication and presentation skills; ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, teammates, customers, and the general public.
9. A proven record of mentoring and development of direct reports and subordinates.
10. Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
11. Ability to follow policies and procedures.
12. Customer service driven.
13. Strong team player.
Condition will be mainly in an office environment with occasional work in warehouse environment. Also, frequent overnight travel for extended periods of time will be required.
The Company is committed to making reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the ADA and any other applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you require an accommodation to perform the job, now or in the future, please contact your Human Resources Representative. Upon request, Human Resources will engage in an interactive process with you to determine whether or not a reasonable accommodation is available.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Company and employee and is subject to change by the Company as the needs of the Company and requirements of the job change.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon below or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
EOE AA Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, Disabled.
FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.