Inventory Control Clerk - 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 20217
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Inventory Control Clerk is responsible for maintaining accurate records of inventory. The Inventory Control Clerk handles all paperwork and procedures necessary to meet this goal. They verify all orders received and shipped and ensure that the orders are properly accounted for in the company’s records. The Inventory Control Clerk accounts for all defective or damaged products and follows with appropriate corrective action.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Maintain and update inventory records. Create efficient and accurate inventory management procedures. Perform all daily activities necessary to maintain effective inventory management procedures. Reconcile inventories to book records and make adjustments when necessary. Coordinate the annual physical inventory procedures. In conjunction with the Assistant Operations Manager, implement a loss prevention program approved by Corporate Loss Prevention Team. Make recommendations to the Assistant Operations Manager on programs to improve the management of inventory.
- Plan and implement a recoup program to ensure all damaged/defective product(s) is accounted for and properly handled by dumping, salvaging, or returning to stock. Maintain records to accurately track-recouped product and return saleable product to stock. Supervise the inventory quality and accuracy assurance programs, including weekly and monthly reports.
- Conduct as necessary, any search to locate products within the system. Adjust records when there are discrepancies between actual product and records. Take steps to correct and prevent discrepancies.
- Develop a program to audit returns and move returned product to its proper location. When necessary, process proper documentation to generate a prompt credit transaction. Take appropriate action on product that is not in saleable condition.
- Perform weekly cycle counts and make system adjustments as necessary.
- Develop a program to maintain tight security over the inventory. Assure that only authorized personnel have access to inventory records. Maintain accurate inventory records to help facilitate shortage detection.
- Develop all necessary reports and documentation to facilitate accurate inventory counts including records of all audits, counts, and adjustments. Complete and issue all necessary records and reports including filing invoices and maintaining customer records in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Communicate with customers regarding timing of physical inventories. Work with Customer Service Representatives, Supervisors, and Warehouse Supervisors to establish cut-off dates.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- One (1) year of experience involved in performing work in a warehouse that requires the use of various warehouse practices
- Knowledge of inventory management procedures and general warehousing terminology and practices
- Skills in mathematics, personal computers, and related applications are vital
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20217