Medical Kit Processor (Day Shift)
Requisition ID: 20227
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Loaner Processor teammate is responsible for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by processing loaner kits to include shipping, receiving, inspection, cleaning and perform various functions within the Distribution Loaners Team in support of the team goals. The Loaner Processor is also responsible for accurately picking of product to meet our customers and FedEx Supply Chain standards of safety, accuracy, security, and productivity.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Customer Satisfaction – Communicate with supervisors regarding timing of picking process and any situations that should arise that would impede the completion of work.
- Order Picking/Instruments Maintenance – The Loaner Processor teammate is responsible instruments maintenance and cleaning, receiving, inspection and replenishment of kits, entry, picking, packing and shipping of ordered kits. This must be done consistent with the company standards of quality, safety, security, and productivity.
- Measurements/Reports – The Loaner Processor teammate is required to maintain certain productivity standards. Daily; the Loaner Processor teammate will see their productivity posted. Weekly; the Loaner Processor teammate will receive a report indicating how the teammate is doing against productivity standard. The teammate is expected to maintain 100% achievement of the productivity standard on a weekly basis.
- Operations – Develop and maintain accurate cycle count/audit documentation and reports. Physically conduct cycle counts and warehouse transfers as required. Communicate results of cycle counts to Loaner Manager to analyze for improvements of operations processes.
- Equipment – Maintain handling equipment must be operated in a safe manner by designated teammates only. All damage to product, poles, etc, must be reported. Equipment must be kept neat and orderly in compliance with guidelines set forth in the “Maintenance Procedures”.
- Safety – Safety is the number one goal of the facility. The Loaner Processor teammate is expected to work in a safe manner at all times. The Loaner Processor teammate will be doing a job that requires repetitive bending, twisting, and opening of boxes with an approved FEDEX SUPPLY CHAIN box knife and be reaching into bins to retrieve product. Pre-shift stretching is required in an effort to loosen up tight muscles and prepare the Loaner Processor teammate for the day’s work. Teammate must be able to lift up to 50 pounds on a continuous basis. Reporting of all accidents or incidents is to be done immediately upon their occurrence.
- Sanitation and Housekeeping – Maintain a clean, neat and orderly warehouse environment. Present a clean and professional image. Recognize our customer and FEDEX SUPPLY CHAIN’s commitment to pride and quality work.
- Inventory – Assure the integrity of the inventory and assist in conducting physical inventories as needed.
- Security – Assist in maintaining the security of the facility. Notify Management of any security issues that may occur. Visitors, unless noted otherwise, must be accompanied by an escort.
- Cross-Training – Become knowledgeable with the responsibilities of the other positions to assist as required and act as a back up at times of absences and vacations.
- Miscellaneous/Other – The job description is meant to be a guide. It is not intended to limit in any way the duties, which a teammate may be required to perform. This job description may be changed at the discretion of the Company.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or equilivant, required.
- Candidate must be organized and detailed oriented with strong communication and customer service skills.
- Basic computer and Microsoft Office Skills, preferred.
- One year experience with sterile processing, strongly desired.
- 1 or more years combined experience in Customer Service and Warehouse.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require considerable use of arms and legs and moving entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials
- Must be able to lift, push, pull and carry 50 lbs. safely and constantly
- Must have the availability to work flexible hours, as needed to support the business needs. Including the ability to work on-call duties that may require weekend and evenings.
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills
- The ability to follow directions
- Familiarity with materials handling, radio frequency equipment, and warehouse operations.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20227