Systems Administrator II
Requisition ID: 20256
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Systems Administrator II will maintain and monitor Company systems and related infrastructure to meet business requirements. The incumbent will ensure that systems hardware, operating systems, software systems, and related procedures adhere to the predefined standards.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Perform routine administration and maintenance of designated system(s) to meet the Company business requirements.
- Monitor systems to achieve optimum level of performance.
- Monitor servers for compliance with established standards, policies, configuration guidelines and procedures.
- Provide capacity analysis reports/data.
- Monitor server backups on a daily basis.
- Perform first level problem determination and resolution to ensure availability and stability of corporate based platforms according to established service level agreements.
- Escalate higher level issues to senior levels as required.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20256