Parcel Manifest Specialist Full-time
Requisition ID: 20266
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Parcel Management Specialist ensures the accurate, timely, and controlled mail manifesting process is completed starting with inbound parcel induction, to out-loading parcel shipments for insertion into the postal stream for delivery. They will Exercise the utmost care handling and processing parcels to ensure timely, accurate tendering to the USPS or third party carrier within 12 hours of manifesting at the site.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Fill prepared parcel orders received from the CMOP in accordance with customer instructions.
- Perform parcel manifesting (scan, weigh, apply postage label), sort, and prepare parcel shipments for distribution to the appropriate shipping vendor.
- Ensure complete accountability for parcels handled within the mail manifesting site.
- Identify and sort cross-scanned or mis-labeled parcels for investigation.
- Assist with sorting and preparing parcels for distribution to the appropriate shipping vendor.
- Load conveyances for outbound shipments.
- Report systemic conditions or defective materials to the Shift Supervisor/Lead.
- Ensure operation condition of equipment prior to performing work tasks.
- Maintain the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety and security policies and procedures.
- Must be familiar with the most common material handling equipment.
- May be required to operate a rolling cart, pallet jack or forklift truck.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and 2 plus years of warehousing experience (shipping and receiving)
- Familiar with computers and have basic math skills.
- Organized and able to work well under pressure to meet performance standards.
- Must successfully pass a National Agency Check with Written Inquiries (NACI) background investigation.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20266