Lead, Production - Days/Welcome Center
Requisition ID: 20291
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Production Lead works in partnership with Operations Supervisors and is proficient in multiple areas. The Production Lead monitors the progress of assigned workload activities, assists with monitoring productivity status and reports, and directs process flow assignments. The Production Lead sets an example for the department and is directly involved with leading and guiding the repack teammates.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Coordinates and monitors daily workload activities which include productivity tracking. This includes review, assignment and completion of daily workloads, maintains inventory accuracy by units, locations and ensures order quality and accuracy.
- Evaluates workloads and team resources and is proficient at communicating changing requirements to Management for workflow and assignment adjustments.
- Monitors the operation of all equipment, safety, security and housekeeping of the area and ensures company policies are followed.
- Responsible for the initial training of production floor personnel from Assembler to Line Leader in accordance with SOP guidelines.
- Fosters continuous improvement on the floor.
- Coaches Line Leaders on the efficient use of lean production practices in order to meet/surpass production goals.
- Utilizes/assigns personnel where needed to ensure maximum efficiency and attainment of established production standards.
- Reviews line reconciliation paperwork for accuracy. Provides feedback and training to Line Leaders as necessary and keeps Production Supervisor abreast of potential problems.
- Coordinates tear-down and set-up of lines as instructed by Production Supervisor.
- Conducts and monitors employee training. Assists Supervisors with on-boarding new associates.
- Assists with monitoring productivity status and reports.
- All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required and at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Excel to include spreadsheets and formulas and outlook email is required.
- Experience with applications such as warehouse management systems is required.
- Lean manufacturing and 5S experience helpful.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.