Senior Technical Analyst - Red Prairie
Requisition ID: 20308
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Responsible for performing tasks involved in providing support to business critical production environments utilizing best of breed Warehouse Management Systems along with interface systems exchanging high volume transactions between internal and external applications.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Must be able to display ability to logically work through problems to create solutions so business operations contractual service level agreements are maintained.
- Analyzing and reengineering repetitive failed processes to drive out risk.
- Work closely with development team to design, configure, and test application modifications.
- Maintain understanding of interface specifications and configuration options.
- Conducting business process simulations and user acceptance tests.
- Identify training issues with end users and customers.
- Work with Implementation and program management teams to transition new customer and development projects into normal day to day activities.
- Monitoring and troubleshooting applications and interfaces for failures or performance issues.
- Performs root cause analysis and creates fix or corrective action plan to drive out defects.
- Completes special data requests while insuring data integrity and accuracy.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with co-workers, the business community, external customers, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future warehouse execution technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of company Strategic System Architecture.
- Follow change control methodology in day-to-day activities.
- Work to establish, maintain, and update strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, services) used in implementing supply chain systems.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in supply chain warehouse execution systems with high volume transaction interfaces strongly preferred.
- Strong business knowledge and understanding in at least one of the following areas: Warehouse Management, Labor Management, Transportation Management.
- Knowledge and experience in a SEI/CMM environment preferred.
- Knowledge of enterprise hardware platforms such as UNIX and/or Linux servers and Oracle databases preferred.
- JDA (Red Prairie) Warehouse Management System strongly preferred, knowledge of similar industry applications such as EXE, Manhattan, Catalyst a plus.
- Strong proficiency in Oracle SQL for application development a must.
- Knowledge of Visual Basic, PL|SQL, C, C++, C#, UNIX and Perl scripting, PHP and any combination a strong plus.
- Knowledge of middleware applications such WebSphere MQSeries, TIBCO, client server applications, versioning software such as CVS, TOAD and other tools a strong plus.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20308