Electrical Engineering Technician II, 1st Shift
Requisition ID: 20320
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Electrical Engineering Technician II is responsible for providing RF Engineering support for characterizing performance of wireless products including equipment setup, RF data analysis, and engineering failure validation.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Setup, configure, calibrate, troubleshoot, and repair RF test stations for R&D purposes.
- Perform engineering RF test failure validations of Operations.
- Analyze RF performance data to identify and resolve product and test setup problems.
- Prepare technical reports for reporting test results to the external customer.
- Work with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM’s) to troubleshot and resolve specific product performance problems.
- Adhere to pre-established guidelines and engineering specifications.
- Provide RF training for Technical Support Technicians.
- Perform other reasonable related duties.
- Perform work safely; follow safety rules.
You might be a great fit if….
- Associate’s Degree in related field preferred and 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of dress, high school diploma or GED and 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- Three (3) years of closely related experience in an RF test environment using specialized RF instrumentation to include R&S CMW5000 and CMU200, including experience with the following: LTE, GSM, UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA, CDMA, and 1XEVDO.
- One (1) year of experience training RF technicians in setup, test processes, and troubleshooting.
- Working knowledge of setting up RF test equipment, making accurate RF measurements, and making recommendations based on interpreting results.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel to log, format, and report test results.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write, and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.