Requisition ID: 20415
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Maintenance will be responsible for managing day to day activities within the facilities maintenance department. Oversees and manages the production and facility equipment, as well as ensuring building integrity. Ensures production and operations can operate at a high level, ensuring timelines are met, and deadlines on SLA requirements are maintained.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Expertise in one or more of the following fields: Construction, Electrical, Mechanical, Networking, HVAC, Facility Maintenance, Engineering Installation, Software and PLC controls, and Core Audit.
- Oversee the prioritization of work orders, and how it affects the overall operation.
- Utilize necessary software and resources to ensure smooth work flow.
- Ensure Safety procedures are followed to ensure a safe work place.
- Work with the Maintenance Technicians, in a team environment, to address maintenance assignments and trouble shoot issues.
- Work with Manager level and above to provide input for best solutions.
- May assist in the training of new maintenance team members.
- Arranges cross training for maintenance team members in new trades.
- Assists engineers with production and facility layout and processes with focus on safety, quality, productivity, cost savings and minimizing waste.
- Quotes and leads contractors in installation or repair of equipment when necessary.
- Helps design and support engineering projects.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Five (5) years’ building and equipment maintenance experience required.
- Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
- Knowledge of plumbing, forklift repair, electrical repair, etc. strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Job ID: 20415