Systems Analyst I
Requisition ID: 20416
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Systems Analyst I will have experience combined with stated current relevant TSG systems level experience to integrate, support, document, and train for those systems in operations while being the liaison between operations, IT, TSG Technical Support and the Engineering team.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Splits work between internal with the engineering team and external to the team in operations to ensure good and recent knowledge.
- Works closely with colleagues, developers, testers and a variety of end users to ensure technical compatibility and user satisfaction.
- Plan and work flexibly to deadlines.
- Support users on change control and system updates.
- Solve simple to medium scope problems and takes a broad perspective to identify process gaps.
- Documents, trains and supports user community on all aspects of system use.
- Participates in the training of the site trainers on the use and maintenance of TSG supplied systems.
- Communicate and follow-up in a manner that keeps all team members and impacted customers informed in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all administrative duties are performed accurately and timely.
- Monitor and maintain existing systems.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues on both Workstation computer systems, as well as peripheral and network components.
- Install upgrades, service packs and hot fixes.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field preferred and 0-2 years of relevant technical experience.
- In lieu of degree, military, high school diploma, or GED and 2-4 years of relevant technical experience.
- Requires 5 or more years of combined support, training, testing, operations, and/or integration experience.
- Fundamental to intermediate knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in all of the following preferred: Systems integration, customer support procedures, use of issue and test tracking tools, user acceptance testing processes, and reporting and metric tools.
- Intermediate level of knowledge in all of the following preferred: XML, SQL & database tools, Device Flash systems, CPI screening, scripting languages, system automation, and the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows 7 and XP desktop systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20416