Specialist, Financial Systems
Requisition ID: 20587
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Specialist, Financial Systems develops, implements, and maintains Financial Planning, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis systems for the organization, including, but not limited to, improving systems and/or reports within the financial environment, increasing the productivity of financial related functions, ensuring data integrity, and performing application and database customizations and updates. Serves as a subject matter expert on Financial Planning, Forecasting, Reporting and Analysis systems.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Leads and/or performs system upgrades, modifications, and application development to enhance the financial environment.
- Performs monthly processing including, but not limited to, database structure builds, data migration to and from subsidiary systems, Online Analytical Processing (OLAP)/relational calculations, process log review, system maintenance, report updates, and documentation.
- Develops technical tools, techniques, and process improvements to enhance the financial environment. Enhancements may include OLAP/relational scripts, system security and model building.
- Oversees and coordinates all project activities during model development and establishes accurate data collection and reporting processes.
- Defines technical standards, internal procedures, and system architecture for projects.
- Reviews, revises and provides consultation to management as subject matter experts in financial systems, applications and model building.
- Provides department training and documentation for newly developed tools, techniques, and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Information Technology or related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Software skills, including use of Microsoft Office software and web-based applications.
- Verbal and written communication skills necessary to explain complex and/or confidential information.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs.
- Ability to anticipate and identify problems and use sound judgment and fact-based analysis to develop effective and efficient solutions.
- Experience with and knowledge of FPA systems, including OLAP programming, relational programming, visual basic programming, web development and report writing.
- Knowledge of object oriented design and programming, design patterns, model driven architecture, web application architecture, data modeling, data warehousing and web services.
- Knowledge of concepts, practices, policies and procedures used in field operations preferred.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20587