Field Regulatory Compliance Specialist
Requisition ID: 20622
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The primary responsibilities of the Field Regulatory Compliance Specialist are to handle all aspects of regulatory compliance including but not limited to the provision of regulatory updates and training and handling of internal compliance inspections. Responsible to enforce regulations among others to ensure facilities are in compliance with all applicable state and federal rules and regulations, particularly those related to Environmental, Health and Safety.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Develop and oversee systems to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Support the procedures and policies development, revision and implementation to identify risks and noncompliance issues.
- Serve as a liaison with business partners and other stakeholders.
- Proactively maintain compliance logs and timeline.
- Communicate key gap areas and develop plans to mitigate non-compliance.
- Develop and oversee control systems to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Develop and establish training programs and materials.
- Conduct facility assessments to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, primarily those enforced under RCRA, OSHA, FAA and DOT.
- Prepare reports for management as appropriate.
- Travel to facilities to assess compliance.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in environmental science or studies, geology, biology, chemistry, safety or other related field preferred, and 5-7 years of regulatory compliance experience required.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED, and 7-9 years of relevant experience.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills required.
- Prioritization and problem solving skills essential.
- High-energy level individual with strong analytical, numerical, and reasoning abilities.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills along with the ability to get along with diverse personalities – tactful in nature.
- Must have ability to remain flexible in a dynamic work environment.
- Proven ability to establish credibility and be decisive but able to recognize and support the organization’s preferences, priorities, mission and code of ethics.
- Must be detail-oriented, possess a high degree of accuracy and work well under pressure.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20622