Managing Director, Finance
Requisition ID: 20635
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
FedEx Supply Chain has an immediate opening for a Managing Director, Finance at our corporate office in Cranberry, PA to be responsible for establishing metrics to manage key elements of the company’s operational performance required to meet both customer and financial expectations. This position directs the FedEx Supply Chain (FSC) process for all revenue forecasting and planning analysis. The Managing Director will develop a strategic outlook, ensuring profitable operations and service excellence.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…..
- Plan, organize, staff, and direct the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Manage a staff of managers and individual contributors.
- Oversee the forecasting process and develop strategies to ensure alignment between operations and finance.
- Direct timely preparation of the annual plan, review plan proposals, and review necessary supporting documentation and justification.
- Identify and develop proposals for organizational change, including development of functions in other supportive departments.
- Collaboratively evaluate opportunities for business growth as well as cost control, drives process and system improvements within FSC and across the FedEx enterprise.
- Supervise and motivate staff to support the financial, economic and market deliverables expected across FSC.
- Understand the customer, industry and uses that information to provide input and recommendations designed to drive operating income.
- Ensure financial results from operations are reported timely, accurately and in compliance.
- Mentor and build strong teams while effecting a positive culture change.
- Ability to be adaptable and manage competing responsibilities and deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- With demonstrated ability to build credibility quickly, with an honest & straightforward approach.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 10 years of relevant experience. Master’s degree preferred. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 12 years of relevant experience.
- Preference for a minimum of five years of proven management experience with responsibility for strategic financial planning, managing stakeholder relationships, QDM and talent management.
- Span of control is organization wide.
- Thorough understanding of financial statements and working knowledge budgeting, sales, business development, and strategic planning.
- Well-structured, change oriented and results focused.
- Ability to perform with a high degree of professionalism, integrity and business ethics
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to interact with all levels of management.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.