Shipping and Receiving Clerk I - Fri, Sat, Sun 6:00pm-6:00am
Requisition ID: 20639
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
- Research and resolve discrepancies between actual product and associated documentation.
- Prepare routine activity reports.
- Respond to internal and external requests for information regarding receiving/shipping data or issues.
- Perform work safely and in accordance with company and customer standards and safety regulations.
- Check in inbound and outbound freight to comply with warehouse operations and capacities.
- Meet or exceed all service and efficiency standards for shipping and receiving.
- Ensure accuracy of all shipping and receiving documents.
- Handle all customers and customer representatives at the dispatch window.
- Gather and maintain all data and records relative to shipping and receiving activities.
- Maintain legible and accurate records and logs as required.
- Assist in training new associates.
- Assist in maintaining facility security.
- Maintain the facility dock door control board to be accurate at all times.
- Conduct operations in a manner that promotes safety and report unsafe conditions that can’t be self-corrected to the transportation supervisor.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly work area in accordance with FedEx standards of housekeeping.
- Conduct yourself in a polite and service oriented manner towards customer representatives and fellow teammates.
- Perform additional duties as assigned by management.
- Report any and all unsafe conditions to the appropriate person.
- Perform additional related duties in the department.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- 0-2 years’ experience in a warehouse environment.
- Efficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, and Word.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.