Strategic Account Manager
Requisition ID: 20680
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Strategic Account Manager is primarily responsible for day to day relationship management, existing business renewal, and new business creation for assigned account(s) while ensuring operational service levels are met and revenue and profitability objectives are achieved. The Strategic Account Manager is accountable for all account management activities including account strategy and growth, order management, SLA performance management, new program/service implementations, contract management, reporting, project management, inventory management/maintenance, problem resolution and other duties as might be assigned by organizational leadership. The Strategic Account Manager will also identify, pursue, and close new opportunities that drive value for customer(s) and improve financial performance. The Strategic Account Manager will build sound business relationships with all levels of contacts within their assigned accounts. The Strategic Account Manager will also be responsible for collaborating with peers, building a strong internal network while leveraging internal resources to enhance service solutions, solve issues, and prove top value to the customer and vendor partners. Dedicated to one or a small number of large accounts within a specific industry vertical.
This position will be responsible for…..
1. Lead business and governance review meetings utilizing prepared presentation material to customer audiences - face to face, WebEx, phone (and other formats) in varying sized settings and to various levels of personnel (i.e. customers, C-level executive, peer groups).
2. Prioritize multiple projects/tasks, tracking and following through on activities within a customer account base.
3. Actively profile and identify additional service opportunities, develop strategies to win, and execute all aspects of the sales process for those opportunities
4. Listen to the wants and needs of customers, then translate these requests into solutions offered by FedEx Supply Chain.
5. Provide leadership, provide guidance, direction, support, and coaching to the account and cross functional team members, customers and peers.
6. Produce documented proposals to customers that are professional, accurate and appropriately detailed.
7. Multi-task, respond to rapid change, quickly grasp new concepts and programs within the FSC scope of services and the industry, performing work with accuracy and strong degree of urgency.
8. Utilize data to identify trends through data analysis.
9. Maintain and grow revenue with assigned accounts.
10. Monitor operational metrics for all assigned accounts.
11. Drive and pro-actively monitor customer satisfaction through regular interactions with the customer and maintain awareness of all customer service related activities.
12. Ensure alignment between customer expectations and FSC expectations / operational activities (pricing and contracts).
13. Maintain documented account strategy for the assigned accounts.
14. Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 10+ years of relevant experience. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 12+ years of relevant experience.
2. Proven track record of customer relationship maintenance and customer retention.
3. Successful experience selling or growing revenue in supply chain, 3PL, or transportation
4. Extensive experience in client relationship building.
5. Previous program and/or project management experience.
6. Knowledge of distribution industry, competitive climate, supply chain/services, and current/future trends (including economic impacts on business) is preferred.
7. Prior experience related to Supply Chain Management/Third-Party Logistics a plus.
8. Excellent written and verbal communications skills
9. Comfortable interacting with executive level customers and managing relationships with customer peers.
10. Dedicated focus on account management metrics.
11. Cross functional collaboration and organizational skills.
12. Customer service driven.
13. Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20680