Senior Counsel - FedEx Forward Depots
Requisition ID: 20764
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Senior Counsel - FedEx Forward Depots provides advice and counsel to FedEx Forward Depots, a FedEx Trade Networks company, with respect to all legal and regulatory matters. Senior Counsel drafts and negotiates commercial and business transactions, and helps enable the growth of the business in a compliant and ethical manner.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Assesses legal risk and provides management with recommendations to ensure regulatory, commercial and business transactions are achieved.
- Collaborates with internal business clients and FedEx attorneys.
- Studies major areas of concern to the Company to recommend appropriate plans of action including changes to policies and procedures.
- Provides on-the-spot and consistent legal advice from accumulated knowledge and experience. Provides legal counsel on cross-functional and cross-operating company projects and initiatives.
- Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations.
- Assists the commercial team on contract negotiation process from reviewing proposals to drafting contract terms to contract execution and assisting with pre-litigation matters.
- Provide business-oriented and practical legal advice on a host of legal issues including for example general IP strategies and real estate matters.
- Stay abreast of best practices and evolving standards in various types’ of contracts.
- Act as a liaison among various departments, outside counsel and third-party vendors.
- Coordinate work for paralegals and legal administrative assistants.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctorate degree required.
- Seven years (7) related experience required. Management and administrative agency or litigation experience preferred.
- Appropriate admission to the required state Bar.
- Broad range of relevant legal knowledge.
- Proven ability to apply sound legal and business judgment to establish and accomplish goals.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with all levels of employees and external contacts and positively influence diverse groups.
- Ability to make sound strategic and tactical decisions where established guidelines may not exist.
- Strong leadership and management skills.
- Effective organizational, time-management, self-directing and multi-tasking skills and ability to successfully work with others in a fast-paced environment.
- Required to make recommendations that have great significance to the Company.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20764