About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Project Manager serves as the leader for the planning
and on time/on budget delivery of large integrated projects designed to enable
new distribution and logistics operational facilities for our customers.
The Project Manager will have full lifecycle responsibility from Scope and
Requirements validation through Design, Delivery, Test, and Launch.
The Project Manager will produce MS Project schedules and will use
them to control the project timeline to commitments. They will also have
budget accountability for projects between $1M and $10M USD$ on average. The
Projects will integrate many cross functional Teammates including; Engineering,
IT, Operations, Legal, Regulatory, Finance, Security, Safety, Real Estate and
many others functions required to successfully implement a new operational
1. Achieves project results (time, scope, and budget) through the project team.
2. Leads large, multi-disciplined teams in the delivery of new business start-ups and other projects.
3. Assembles project schedule from base information and is responsible for working with each functional area for developing their portion of the schedule (IT, Engineering, Operations, Finance, HR, Safety/Security, Contracts, etc).
4. Leads weekly status calls with the customer and with the internal team.
5. Develops action register and drives results through the team.
6. Leads breakout sessions between functional teams to solve problems and develop options for delivery.
7. Is able to be in the details when needed and translate to Executive Summary Status.
8. Works with Project Sponsors to ensure alignment between the organization and customer.
9. Develops and presents options in a concise manner when roadblocks are reached.
10. Able to negotiate win/win compromises while representing the best interests of the project at all times.
11. Able to multi-task across all projects assigned while maintaining an eye for detail.
12. Uses good judgment on when to escalate issues and options.
13. Excellent analytical skills, including the ability to see the overall picture.
14. Communicate effectively to all levels of the business organizations.
15. Ensures deliverables are met as defined in the project in order to achieve success.
16. Establishes resource plan, schedule, budget, risks analysis, and acceptance criteria.
17. Establishes and manages risk mitigation and issue resolution plans.
18. Track and report performance metrics, action items, issues and risks.
19. Challenge "business as usual" using a fact-based, objective mindset.
20. Prepare status reports and presentations suitable for varied audiences.
21. Develop strong working relationships with internal staff to ensure effective communication with all related functional areas.
You might be a great fit if….
1. Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
2. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant experience.
3. At least five (5) years of facility project management experience, preferably with logistics or facility experience.
4. Previous experience leading project teams of 5-50 people both locally and remote
5. Previous experience leading large/complex organization wide projects
6. Ability to thrive in a leadership position, able to drive team to delivery, maintain team's focus during periods of change and shifting priorities
7. Demonstrated ability to successfully lead multiple large, complex projects at a time
8. Able to work under pressure; producing high quality deliverables while meeting delivery dates
9. Must be a motivated, forward thinking individual who is able to work with minimal supervision
10. Exercises good judgment and understanding of dependencies across multiple projects
11. Demonstrates strong leadership and interpersonal skills
12. Highly proficient in MS-Office suite, including MS-Project
13. Structured and organized; use a variety of project management tools to keep projects on track; advocate for best practices and identify/implement them where gaps exist.
14. PMP Certification preferred
15. Ability to travel 50% on average
With or without accommodation:
1. Ability to follow policies and procedures.
2. Ability to read, write and interpret information.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
4. Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
5. Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
6. Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
7. Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
8. Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.
Work is performed in a general warehouse environment on a concrete surface with adequate lighting. Temperatures can be very hot during the summer months and very cold during the winter months. Workspace can be very dusty and occasionally noisy due to traffic of motorized vehicles operating.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20944