Business Systems Analyst I
Requisition ID: 20964
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Business Systems Analyst I will lead implementation efforts and multiple related projects from discovery through deployment. Act as the key contact within the business organization and liaison to our development team. Partner with our analytics, sales, sourcing, and finance teams, and other stakeholders you identify to develop analytic storyboards and user requirements, and translate those into data and data structure requirements for the development team. Lead QA, UAT, and deployment efforts to ensure user adoption of the tools and datasets we deploy.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Build partnerships with business departments to understand and anticipate emerging data, integration, and system needs.
- Use best practices to effectively and efficiently capture user requirements, always anticipate the users’ next 10 questions.
- Partner with IT development and project management staff to ensure that the users’ current and anticipated needs are met by the scope of the project and maintain awareness of project milestones and project status
- Ensure crisp execution of development and QA, lead UAT efforts, and ensure users are effectively trained on new technology to help build a culture of trust for our solutions.
- Leverage data warehousing and analytic experience to ensure that system designs will meet user expectations.
- Use technical SQL and analytic experience to streamline the design process through data quality review and proof of concept ‘prototypes’.
- Take on project management responsibilities when required.
- Accurately and concisely articulate issues, questions, and recommendations to customers, team members, and management.
- Assist business units with prioritization of outstanding development projects.
- Provide business rules and process interpretation and documentation for assigned applications and systems.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Operations, Business, Information Systems or related field preferred and 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- 1 year experience working with IT and respective business areas gathering, analyzing and documenting requirements
- Excellent analytical, organizational, problem solving, and follow-up skills.
- Demonstrated Interpersonal skills necessary to manage business and technology relationships with the ability to meet time sensitive deadlines.
- Experience leading requirements and business process definition and design sessions with decision makers, system owners and end users.
- Strong understanding of data warehousing methodologies, data modeling, ETL, databases, meta and master data management, and Business Intelligence.
- Knowledge of project management principles and procedures: SDLC, Agile, Scrum.
- Experience with BI toolsets: Qlik, Oracle, and SAP tool suites and strong knowledge of SQL.
- Working knowledge of retail, logistics business practices a plus.
- Familiar with predictive analytic principles and applications a plus.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20964