IT Tech I
Requisition ID: 20978
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
IT Tech I participates in all phases of planning, designing, procuring, deploying implementing and sustaining IT infrastructure. The incumbent will assist in creation and implementation of standardized, repeatable, automated Infrastructure support processes to ensure availability, accuracy and timely completion of all projects and operations break/fix issues. He or she will also set up and configure new IT Infrastructure equipment, including but not limited to: switches, servers and firewalls with assistance.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Assist in all phases of planning, designing, procuring, deploying implementing and sustaining IT infrastructure.
- Follows established Infrastructure support processes to ensure availability, accuracy and timely completion of all projects and operations break/fix issues.
- Rely on instructions and pre-defined guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Follow corporate vision, mission and values in daily activities. Follow the highest ethical standards in all activities undertaken.
- Assist in the collection of requirements and performing gap analysis of project requests as it relates to Infrastructure from the planning stages to implementation.
- Ability to rack and stack/connect various IT hardware components and perform necessary cable management procedures.
- Configure network devices, servers, and storage devices with direction/supervision.
- Assist in the documentation and tracking of IT Infrastructure hardware during the deployment process.
- Participate in the implementation and maintenance of asset disposition process including annual asset inventory.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of the company systems Strategic System Architecture.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with customers, co-workers, the business community, consultants, contractors, and vendors.
- Follow established change management procedures relating to all Infrastructure related moves, additions, and changes.
- Maintain and document all tickets and change requests submitted by internal and external customers.
- Develop and maintain broad awareness of the hardware, software, and networking components of the company’s strategic system architecture.
- Stay up-to-date on current and future Infrastructure technologies, capabilities and trends.
- Actively seek out unreported IT related CEA non conformances and work to correct.
- Work with sustainment teams to establish, maintain, and update the strategy (methodology, processes, standards, tools, services) used in implementing supply chain IT Infrastructure equipment for continuous improvement.
- Assist in the creation of documentation for completed projects that can be used by support teams for future troubleshooting.
- Other duties as assigned or requested.
You might be a great fit if….
- Associate’s Degree or equivalent education in related field preferred and 0-2 years of relevant experience. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of Windows OS, Windows server platforms, Apple/Mac products, and networking concepts.
- General understanding of Data Cabling Media.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 20978