IT Solutions Architect
Requisition ID: 21035
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The IT Solutions Architect works at the business unit level developing the solution architecture for significant initiatives in partnership with key business and IT stakeholders. Expose current state architecture and identify options for future state architecture. Works closely with business and IT stakeholders creating solutions that balance competing interests and concerns. Develop plans for and facilitate the migration from current to selected future state by providing technical leadership to multiple initiatives.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Designs the architecture for Cloud Computing Systems (Microservices, APIs, Containers, etc.)
- Develops detail technical design documentation including Sequence Diagrams, Class Diagrams, etc.
- Participate in technology evaluation requests and recommend the solution aligns with enterprise strategy
- Ensures that the solution meets all non-functional requirements like Security, Scalability, Reliability, etc.
- Assist with establishing key architecture standards, tools, best practices, and methodologies to enable the Company’s target state and enable its architecture evolution and alignment across the organization.
- Focus on the long-term architecture and strategy for the SOA services and solutions that enable operations.
- Work with the solutions architects to expand shared application and data service creation and consumption across solutions.
- Work across teams to drive solutions to problems with high system interdependency.
- Oversee the architecture for development of cross-functional, multi-platform systems.
- Promote the appropriate architecture and design principles and patterns to be leveraged for every technology enabled solution.
- Document system architecture and define application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools.
- Define, champion and govern business architecture standards, tools, best practices, and development methodologies.
- Provide technical guidance to application development teams, consult on integration and conversion issues and participate in mapping technology-independent application architecture to the chosen technology platform.
- Have an “EA perspective” and collaborate regularly with other OpCo’s architects to ensure solutions align with enterprise direction.
- Lead domain visioning roadmaps, ensuring alignment with the strategic direction of the enterprise and domain.
- Identify strategic and tactical solutions and be able to influence and negotiate with colleagues and business partners.
- Analyze business requirements and develop functional/system specifications.
- Ensure high-value architecture and design artifacts for all solutions in domain areas.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 6 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Ability to lead, working collaboratively and creatively with business and IT stakeholders.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, work instructions, process maps and/or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a variety of internal and external customers.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Basic understanding of and willingness to learn and adopt professional and industry standards.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21035