Technical Quality Specialist
Requisition ID: 21038
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Technical Quality Specialist participates in automated and manual software testing efforts. The Specialist must be comfortable working with remote teams and will need to be able to effectively multi-task and should require minimal supervision.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Software review and reporting
- Retrieve data from databases (Oracle) to validate testing efforts
- Documentation of test results
- Communication of changes and defects
- Assist in post-production implementation testing
- Test scenario/plan development based upon user requirements
- Application test case development
- Requirement mapping to test cases - requirement trace matrix
- Work with customer and developers to design application changes
- Ability to work on multiple test projects simultaneously
- Build internal documentation for use in knowledge transfer activities
- Test results review and sign-off
- Document procedures to standardize and maintain process controls
- Follow the highest ethical standards in all business and professional activities
- Participation in the testing and documentation of FDA validated systems and 21 CFR Part 11 compliance
- Ability to plan and execute integration testing with the customer to ensure functional and non- functional business and system specifications are met
- Identify potential gap analysis of customer specs vs system design
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in computer science or related field
- Minimum 5 years testing experience.
- Quality assurance testing certification preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience
- More complex SQL query construction with or without an editor
- Oracle database exposure
- Manual testing experience
- Automated testing experience a plus
- Past experience working in a process driven environment, preferably an environment with a formal SDLC and/or QALC
- Experience processing interface files in XML and EDI format
- Previous business analyst experience a plus.
- Previous project management experience a plus
- Previous logistics experience a plus
- Previous Manhattan application experience a plus
- Previous Red Prairie application experience a plus
- Candidate must have an aptitude and a willingness for self-learning
- Customer service driven
- Strong team player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21038