Requisition ID: 21068
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Safety Coordinator will perform internal safety assessments and lead hazard identification processes. The Safety Coordinator will also be responsible for training internal teammates regarding environmental, health, and safety processes, procedures and regulatory requirements.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Conduct internal safety assessments of work areas and equipment to ensure compliance with federal, state and local requirements.
- Document all assessments, training and procedural non-conformance utilizing approved documents and/or electronic documentation methods.
- Conduct and document safety orientation training for all new hire teammates and newly assigned temporary associates.
- Serve as central review and approval of all local Powered Industrial Truck training including the issuance of certification documents, maintaining Operator files and scheduling initial and re-training.
- Serve as Site Safety Committee Chairperson.
- Represent the site in all Regional Safety Council calls, meetings, training and events.
- Report directly to the Regional Environmental Health and Safety Manager.
You might be a great fit if….
- Experience in the development and implementation of safety programs.
- Working knowledge of regulatory standards to include Cal OSHA Title 8 preferred.
- Functional knowledge of Federal OSHA standards.
- Experienced in developing and presenting training materials via PowerPoint, lecture and small group meetings.
- Experience with RCRA, EPA and DOT preferred.
- Working knowledge of and ability to use Microsoft Office applications with strong emphasis on Word, Excel and PowerPoint applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to support a “Safety Above All” core value by maintaining strong and open communication.
- Strong team player.
- College degree in safety preferred.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to read, write and interpret information to include policies and procedures.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 30 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 21068