Package Handler - Monday-Friday 9a-530p
Requisition ID: 21085
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Package Handler is responsible for loading/unloading packages onto or from appropriate trailer by scanning, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling packages up to 100 pounds in weight in a safe and efficient manner. Required to read labels, verify numbers, memorization and carrying out instructions and working rapidly for long periods of time. Most tasks are well defined and require general judgment or interpretation. This position requires a moderate level of supervision.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Responsible for loading/unloading packages onto/off of appropriate trailer by scanning, lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling packages up to 100 lbs. in weight in a safe and efficient manner.
- Required to read labels, verify numbers and carry out work instructions while achieving required productivity metrics.
- General housekeeping tasks including sweeping, unpacking, and “detrashing” of vehicles and/or shipments.
- Attend safety meetings as required and notify management immediately of any unsafe working conditions.
- May assist in orientation of new hire package handlers.
- Other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED, and 0-2 years of related experience.
- May require the ability to use PC and/or RF-based computer systems to perform tasks
- Knowledge of loading/unloading trailers preferred.
- Knowledge of FedEx shipping software including PScan preferred.
- Knowledge of NASCR cafe system (labeling system) preferred.
- Must exhibit promptness and attention to detail
- Contributes to a safe working environment
- Complete assigned tasks in a reasonable amount of time with a high level of accuracy
- May be required to have a Dangerous Goods certification and prepare shipments per Dangerous Goods requirements.
- Required to obtain Load - T-stacking certification
- Required to obtain CAN inspection certification
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 50 pounds.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.