Operations Manager-Swing Shift
Requisition ID: 21098
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Operations Manager is responsible for the safe execution of daily operational plans and strategies, to manage, lead and allocate resources, disseminate information to teammates, ensure compliance with key processes while achieving safety, quality, efficiency and financial KPI’s.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Directing the operational aspects of the facility
- Knowing and evaluating operational productivity goals, monitoring daily and ensuring goals are achieved on all shifts
- Ensuring/reinforcing the FedEx Supply Chain teammate culture is being fostered in the facility
- Assuring the attainment of facility production, quality and safety objectives
- Reviewing and assuring the accuracy of required production and inventory reports
- Coordinating and conforming with the operational aspects of FedEx Supply Chain's Core Excellence Program and audit regularly to ensure full compliance
- Planning, monitoring and managing actual performance against operational portions of the budget; this includes, but is not limited to, proper management of departmental staffing levels, overtime and overall operational headcount
- Leading operational initiatives to ensure inventory accuracy goals are met
- Ensuring shipment and loading accuracy on all shifts
- Implementing process improvement programs utilizing Lean/ Six Sigma methodologies
- Providing assistance to the General Manager on special projects as required
You might be a great fit if…
- BA/BS degree in Logistics, Industrial Engineering or other related operations discipline is preferred. Military rank at E-6-7/or O-2-O3.
- A minimum of three years of supervisory experience, preferably in a logistics environment responsible for WMS, QDM, LMS, P&L and talent management.Demonstrated leadership qualities
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with FedEx Supply Chain customers and teammates
- Experience with Six Sigma or Lean methodologies and/or Green Belt certification preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Previous team building experience preferred
- Previous budget planning and P/L exposure a plus
- Expert knowledge level of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 21098