Senior Paralegal, Transactions
Requisition ID: 21129
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
General Summary….The Senior Paralegal will work with our commercial and business transactions legal team to help enable the growth of the business in a compliant and ethical manner. This position will focus primarily on the Company’s commercial and business transactions with respect to legal matters.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Collaborate with internal business clients and FedEx attorneys.
- Perform legal research, analysis and summary of complex reports for review by an attorney.
- Coordinates and supervises the preparation of legal documents and coordinates with the attorneys in representation of the corporation.
- Drafts complex legal documents and correspondence for review and approval by attorneys.
- Provides timely responses to requesting departments and assists outside counsel as requested.
- Maintains activity log to ensure prompt action by the appropriate corporate department.
- Assists attorneys in planning, organizing, coordinating and tracking programs and projects associated with various legal matters.
- Works with all departments in the corporation to ensure timely handling and completion of the company’s legal activities.
- Assists in the development and training of entry-level paralegals.
- Conducts training programs for management and company personnel regarding legal issues.
- Creates, updates, and reviews policies and procedures to ensure that the company is operating in compliance with regulations and that regulatory reporting requirements are met.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s degree and 5-7 years of paralegal experience in a law firm or corporate legal department.
- Paralegal training and certification required, preferably from an ABA accredited institution.
- Proficient in computer PC skills, including but not limited to MS Office including: Outlook, Word, Excel, and the Internet.
- Excellent research, writing, analytical and organization skills.
- Strong organization, human relation and communication skills.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals.
- Ability to analyze, review, and make recommendations.
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21129