Requisition ID: 21143
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Communications Specialist develops strategic communications that align and engage our employees around the company’s message, vision and values. This position will work with senior management to keep employees informed of company-wide news and department updates across the organization. This role will be equal parts writer, editor, project manager, communications plan developer and communications channel expert.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manage company-wide employee communication channels, including newsletters, digital and print signage, presentations, announcements, intranet postings, etc.
- Develop, write, edit and distribute communications including announcements, talking points and newsletters.
- Develop and support leadership communication plans while collaborating with cross-functional and cross-company teams.
- Coordinate major company events, meetings and calls to help communicate company information to employees.
- Improve the quality, consistency, efficiency and effectiveness of employee communications.
- Support external communication efforts around social media, speaking engagements, quiet period and media engagement.
- Track and measure the success of communications efforts.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Communications related field preferred and 2-4 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 4-6 years of relevant experience.
- Proven track record of collaborating with multiple stakeholders.
- Experience working in HTML and SharePoint.
- Proven communicator; exemplary written and verbal communications skills.
- Knowledge and experience with a wide range of communications channels and their suitability to meet the needs of internal audiences.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship-building skills and an ability to engage with individuals across a wide range of functions and at all levels.
- Results orientated, pro-active, enthusiastic approach Strong project management skills, with the ability to drive multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent judgment for problem solving.
- Collaborative, proactive, flexible, can-do attitude.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented with exceptional sense of accountability.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team.
- Ability to travel occasionally – less than 25% of time.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21143