Manager, Regional Security
Requisition ID: 21237
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, Regional Security plans, organizes, implements, and manages regional security programs, procedures, and practices to ensure the safety and security of company employees and property. The incumbent manages a team and the implementation of security programs to include workplace violence prevention, loss prevention, facility security, and investigations in accordance with the corporate guidelines.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Indirectly leads and influences Security at the facilities.
- Promotes a “Security is Everyone’s Business” culture.
- Manages communication and compliance of the corporate security programs including workplace violence prevention, loss prevention, investigations and active threat programs.
- Conducts and leads investigations within the company to include workplace violence, alert line, etc.
- Represents Company at county, municipal, state and federal courts and international authorities.
- Develops and maintains liaisons with local, state and federal law enforcement authorities, and various regulatory agencies.
- Evaluates security requirements at company locations within the region.
- Coordinate the design, development, and implementation of all physical security needs to ensure the protection of people and property.
- Oversees the implementation of departmental policies and procedures pertaining to security.
- Maintains professional and technical expertise by attending education workshops.
- Interacts with all levels of management to ensure the security of all people and property.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ensures that security initiatives are consistently administered in compliance with Company policies and government regulations.
- Responds to crisis and emergency situations on a 24 hour, 7 days a week basis.
- Conduct inspections of the physical security for building, warehouse, and office areas to ensure that all departments and employees are compliant with company standards.
- Represent the Security function in new employee orientations, teach safety culture, and ensure new employees are aware of security procedures. Provide proper personal protective equipment and facility access.
- Work collaboratively with the department managers to successfully manage the facilities security programs.
- Develops comprehensive standard operating procedures for and motivates a staff of contract security personnel.
- Develops and manages the regional department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control is regional but may encompass multiple regions.
- Necessary security clearances required.
- Professional designation in one or more of the following preferred: Certified Protection Professional (CPP), Physical Security Professional (PSP), Professional Certified Investigator (PCI), or Certified Fraud Investigator (CFI).
- Significant security management experience in transportation, supply chain or ecommerce environment with accountability for multiple geographically dispersed facilities.
- Extensive experience in management of cargo exception investigations, shipment loss investigations, and other sensitive investigations.
- In depth understanding of principles of workplace violence prevention in a corporate setting.
- Extensive experience in corporate security setting including demonstrability successful management experience.
- Knowledge of all governmental security regulations and laws.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to interact with all levels of management.
- Strong management and human relation skills.
- Proficient in computer skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office applications (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.) and the internet.
- Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to group and/or individuals.
- Previous experience in security, investigations, and CCTV usage, required.
- Strong analytical skills, process oriented, and the ability to prioritize and the ability to multi-task is required.
- Excellent communication, organizational, verbal, and written skills. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Customer service driven
- Strong Team Player
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 21237