Quality Technician (8:00 am - 4:00 pm)
Requisition ID: 21271
About FedEx Supply Chain…
FedEx Supply Chain, A FedEx Company, is a leading supply chain solution provider specializing in Product Lifecycle Logistics® for technology, retail, consumer and industrial goods, and healthcare industries. Operating more than 38 million square feet throughout North America, FedEx Supply Chain provides a comprehensive range of integrated logistics services to enable growth, minimize cost, mitigate supply chain risk, and improve customer service. Services include inbound logistics, warehousing and distribution, fulfillment, contract packaging and product configuration, systems integration, returns processing and disposition, test, repair, refurbishment, product liquidation, and managed transportation.Visit www.supplychain.fedex.com for more information.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Experienced Quality Control Technician performs designated test functions for/U-verse New Product Testing (NPT). Mature, knowledgeable of the Company systems (WMS, IQC, RQIL) and dependability are a must.
This Position Will Be Responsible For…
- Perform thorough quality process audits and process capability analysis.
- Perform process compliance audits.
- Conduct Product and Process FMEA and develop and implement quality plans for First Article Inspection (FAI) of new products based on customer requirements and approved departmental processes.
- Validate process capability of operations. Evaluate training procedures,curriculum and content for effectiveness.
- Monitor and report performance indices of production lines during runs.
- Validate materials supplied on production lines are as specified for the product and validate effectiveness of receiving inspection.
- Validate calibration status, settings, and maintenance of equipment.
- Monitor and validate training records of operators on production lines and validate the adequacy and effectiveness of training.
- Plan and implement attribute Gage R&R studies and Control Plans.
- Validate product defects as reported by external and internal customers and issue appropriate rework notices.
- Generate appropriate corrective and/or preventive action requests for non-confirming materials, equipment, procedures and products.
- Facilitate effective problem solving and root cause analysis as needed. Serve on internal quality system and audit team.
- Generate quality reports as needed by the Quality Manager, including trend analysis of the Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) and Cosmetic operator inspection efficiencies.
- Develop and improve processes continuously through effective lean and value stream mapping experiments and application of relevant Six Sigma tools.
You might be a great fit if….
- High school diploma or GED and years 0-2 years of relevant experience.
- Basic Computer Knowledge to include Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to establish working relationships within multiple departments across business units.
- Demonstrated High level of communication skills to include verbal and written.
- Advanced level: mathematics and statistics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Ability to lift/carry items less than 40 pounds.
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.