Manager, Total Rewards
Requisition ID: 21374
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
Location: Cranberry Township, PA . This position must be based out of Cranberry Township, PA. The Manager of the Total Rewards function will lead the overall design and management of the benefit, rewards and recognition and compensation programs across the organization. This strategic position is responsible for designing, planning, implementing and communicating a comprehensive total rewards strategy program for the organization that will attract, reward, motivate and retain talent. This key role will manage a variety of benefit and compensation related activities including the total reward philosophy across North America to ensure that the programs remain competitive and conform to current compensation strategy. The Manager will engage with key leadership positions to ensure that all program’s support business initiatives and cultivate a diverse, talented, and engaged workforce.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Develops and continually advances benefit strategies to align with the business and ensure the right mix and offerings are available.
- Sets the strategic direction on employee health and welfare programs and retirement plans across North America. Benchmark to ensure the plans maintain comprehensive and competitive balance. Ensure compliance with local tax and government regulations.
- Plan, design and implement Best in Class company programs and initiatives including Wellness and Rewards & Recognition.
- Oversees and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits, and recommends necessary or suggested changes to management.
- Coordinates company benefits with government sponsored programs while assuring company compliance with provisions of Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA).
- Demonstrated experience coaching and communicating a total rewards culture by partnering closely with stakeholders and key business leaders.
- Act as champion and change agent by anticipating HR-related needs and delivering value-added services for the benefit of teammates.
- Provides strategic vision for analyzing market competitive position, internal equity, compliance and program effectiveness. Manage staff that will review base and variable pay structures based on business need.
- Determines the appropriate tools for benchmarking compensation and manage relationships with vendors. Interacts with external vendors for compensation to ensure the organization is positioned competitively and stays current on trends and changes in the market.
- Manage and effectively plan for, communicate and execute on all compensation related efforts through our year-end Merit and Incentive cycle for respective business units.
- Lead and drive compensation projects such as market pricing reviews, external survey job alignment and re-organizations to meet all business needs.
- Partner, collaborate and knowledge share effectively with HR Service Delivery, Talent Acquisition, Senior Management, and other FedEx Operating Companies as needed.
- Manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of relative experience, Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong leadership and prioritization skills and at least 5+ years of management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrable experience in Health & Welfare and Compensation programs for US and Canada.
- Experience developing and presenting analysis, strategy, and findings to Senior Company Leaders.
- Background and experience growing, developing and building a total rewards culture.
- A proven track record of mentoring and development of direct reports and subordinates.
- Previous experience working in a fast-growing company and an understanding of the unique challenges that come with scaling a growth company.
- Integrity in business, excellent communication skills and the ability to influence decision makers and inspire team members.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Job ID: 21374