Specialist, Leave of Absence
Requisition ID: 21442
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Specialist, Leave of Absence is responsible for providing value to our customer. This is accomplished by the daily oversight of all The Company’s leave policy administration, exclusive of workers compensation leaves, including process coordination, support and communication to facilities/management within areas of responsibility, data collection, reporting, database management, file maintenance and related duties, as well as providing administrative and clerical support.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Processes and coordinates administration all US based Leaves of Absence programs (FMLA, Medical, USERRA, and Personal) and ADA processes to ensure conformance and consistency based upon applicable laws and policies, in partnership with third party administrator
- Interprets policy to address and resolve issues raised as well as providing advice and resolution.
- Advises facility management of action steps to take when addressing LOA requests, abuse, etc.
- Advises/guides management on LOA terminations.
- Prepares correspondence as needed, related to LOA needs and Federal Regulations and maintains legal compliance for all forms.
- Manages internal LOA records as needed and conducts management training.
- Prepares ad hoc management reports.
- Records and tracks LOA time off in timekeeping systems
- Submits appropriate documentation to Payroll, to reflect teammates’ leave status and ensure compliance with Payroll procedures
- Performs all other duties as assigned or requested.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 5 years of relevant experience
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Experience handling FMLA, ADA, and/or other related leave administration.
- Knowledge of Federal and State Regulations, and ability to relate knowledge to Company policies.
- Proven proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint required; experience with Access a plus.
- Experience in timekeeping and HRIS systems including Kronos, EeTime, and ADP Enterprise/Peoplesoft. Experience with Workday a plus.
- Strong analytical skills, detailed oriented and organizational skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing processes and technology, and contribute to quality solutions to promote efficiency and standardization
- Maintain confidentiality at all times.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
- Self-motivated, able to multi-task and complete various tasks related to a high volume of time-sensitive responsibilities
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21442