Welcome Centre Clerk -Afternoons
Requisition ID: 21602
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, with an investment plan with a strong match and much more!
The Welcome Center Teammate is responsible for checking in and out vessels, shipping and receiving paperwork and access control of the yard.
- Inspect Inbound and Outbound vessels
- Track overweight’s
- Document persons entering and leaving the yard
- Document control on BOLs, vessel inspection sheets
- Interact with drivers courteously, respectfully, and professionally
- Systematic DLx check in/out of vessels
- Coordinate vessel availability
- Answer phone calls from internal teammates and carriers/drivers checking load status
- Printing BOLs
- Maintain access control and drivers logs
You might be a great fit if…
- One to two years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Demonstrated ability to read, speak, and understand English in order to maintain required records and correspondence.
- Ability to perform physical activities that using entire body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling materials.
- Good physical condition, able to lift 50 lbs. safely.
- Good eye/hand coordination and good motor skills.
- Ability to work safely in a warehouse environment
- Works well in a team environment with the ability to treat others with respect while conducting yourself in a dignified manner.
- Works well with minimum supervision
- Pleasant and courteous demeanor while also exhibiting patience
- Willingness to work in the outside elements for checking of transports and yard checks
- Proficient in MS Office with ability to email
- Ability to file and maintain accurate records
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- The above responsibilities are not inclusive of other duties that may be assigned
If this isn’t the job for you perhaps you have a friend who would be a perfect fit! Please send them this link by clicking the "Share" icon above or have them apply online by clicking here and searching our openings.
AODA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Ontarians with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.