About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
This position will direct, coordinate and provide oversight to a wide variety of projects, including the internal (building preparation) build out of a distribution or returns facility. Position may oversee an entire project or just part of a project and, although they usually play no direct role in the actual construction of a structure, they typically schedule and coordinate all defined building readiness-related deliverables as they apply to the Facility Prep Manager. Key focus of the position is to support project schedule milestones in the field necessary for RFIs, RFPs, sales pursuits, and won business. Position is the SME of building preparation, creating project building readiness action items and is responsible for planning, and overseeing those actions. Position is also the “point of contact” for building readiness questions.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages the building prep budget; ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns.
- Design facility, equipment and material handling solutions for startup/implementation
- Support startup/implementation as needed
- Automate and improve facilities
- Ensure the building preparation gets done on time and within budget.
- Work with technicians, engineers, contractors, and others who are involved in the building preparation process.
- Review and ensure all design aspects by overseeing the planning, scheduling, and implementation of the building preparation process to execute those designs.
- Consolidate building preparation reports, project dates, status and convey clear/accurate reporting to Project Managers and Business units.
- Coordinate pre/post-construction site walks.
- Work as a liaison between business unit company real estate contacts/vendors and all internal organizations on any building preparation questions about the project.
- Responsible for working with company procurement teams in managing materials, logistics and vendors as the primary point of contact on-site during building startups for ordering needed materials.
- Perform feasibility walks in collaboration with Real Estate office, Zoning, Permitting and infrastructure departments.
- Coordinates estimates, schedules, materials, and purchase orders for defined deliverables for facility prep actions.
- Helps site acquisition in determining the most viable new constructible site.
- Tracks the progress of building preparation operations such as the arrival and utilization of materials, supplies, tools, machinery, equipment, and vehicles.
- Manage detail Scope of Work-define documentation and troubleshoot issues to avoid delays or escalation.
- Provides change order requests (scope changes) for General Contractor changes, to the business unit assigned PM or GM and ensures approval is received prior to scope change work is performed.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred or related field and 4+ years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 6+ years of relevant experience.
- Span of control must be at a department level or above.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Project.
- PMP certification is highly preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Possess the ability to motivate and maintain effective working relationships.
- Ability to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Experience managing others including contractors and suppliers.
- Working knowledge of building construction, including electrical systems, HVAC systems, plumbing systems for fire suppressants and building foundations.
- Working knowledge of building codes.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21616