Business Development Executive
Requisition ID: 21626
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Business Development Executive is a direct selling position responsible for all aspects of the sales process for assigned accounts which may be new or existing customers. The Business Development Executive is responsible for signing new business within a given industry vertical for both new customers and select existing customers. The Business Development Executive identifies key trends by industry vertical and region to determine new sales opportunities. For existing customers, the Business Development Executive is responsible for documenting and driving an account growth strategy.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Prospecting and lead generation within assigned group of target customers through proactive networking and leveraging existing relationships within the broader FedEx enterprise.
- Developing the sales strategy for the deployment of the Company’s services to customer opportunities within an industry vertical.
- Partner with teammates in other functions and operating companies to develop and document account strategies for assigned customers.
- Lead the qualification process of new accounts through direct customer solicitation. Responsibility includes qualification services, the identification of target opportunities, and the management of the process for qualifying opportunities. .
- Collaborate across functional areas in development of solutions, proposals, and pricing models. This includes attending sales calls to further define the opportunity and develop the value proposition for account closure.
- Manage the proposal and presentation process.
- Actively collaborate with Sales teammates in other operating companies who interact with the same target customers.
- Utilize established processes and tools and ensure all data is accurate and up-to-date.
- Provide weekly reporting on all accounts in stages for new business development. Identify the work to be provided by the Company’s team to ensure proposals, account sales strategy, and proposal presentations are generated professionally and provide an excellent opportunity for account award.
- Directly lead the sales effort for the Company, including evaluation of account interest, presentation of services, development of the proposal for services and final presentation.
- Provide leadership for sales to the Company by continuously energizing the effort for moving new potential customers through the sales cycle in a professional, passionate, and engaging manner.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field preferred and 8 years of supply chain / 3PL sales experience. In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- Successful experience selling solutions across industry verticals to customers of varying size and complexity.
- Proven ability within logistics, operations, customer service, and project management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to develop effective customer and employee relationships.
- Strategic planning and sales management skills.
- Initiative, innovation and strong work standards.
- Strong communication skills to include oral, written and listening. These communication skills also require the ability to ask appropriate questions, overcome objections and lead the customer to solutions that provide great value and can be provided by the Company.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 10 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.Job ID: 21626