IT Project Manager II
Requisition ID: 21668
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The IT Project Manager II will be accountable for project planning and status reporting to ensure that projects are completed and will facilitate the communication between the different teams involved in the projects. This position will work with multiple business units and also work with outside customers.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Develops, leads, and facilitates creation and/or adoption of a program management office for the IT department as needed.
- Assist with planning the project in order to accomplish goals within a defined schedule, cost, material resources, personnel resources, and quality standards.
- Plan, lead, organize and control multiple project initiatives according to agreed upon scope, schedule and budget targets.
- Define and manage project scope and accompanying work effort required to successfully deliver expected results within allotted budget and timeframe.
- Interact directly with various customer representatives ranging from senior operations management, IT representatives, warehouse operations management and end-users.
- Lead project meetings and drive accountability for all SDLC deliverables.
- Create documentation that enables the transition from implementation to post implementation support.
- Cultivate and maintain a strong relationship with the customer’s management and project teams.
- Meet with decision makers, system owners, and end users to define business, financial, and operational requirements and system goals, and identify and resolve system issues.
- Provide reporting and data analysis to management.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 7 years of relevant experience.
- Project management experience in a systems environment required.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project, Word, and Excel & Visio required.
- JDA Red Prairie and/or Manhattan systems experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills to all levels of management.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21668