Manager, HR New Business Implementation
Requisition ID: 21679
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager of HR New Business Implementation is responsible for the leading a team of project managers and advisors
that provide HR solutions and support for new business implementations. This includes project coordination, planning,
and research required for the introduction of new business opportunities. The goal is the successful implementation of
human resources processes and practices as it relates to timelines, project plans, tasks and personnel resources. The
Manager of HR New Business Implementation is the point of contact between the customer, business, operations and
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring,
- coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include
- disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Provides support and coaching to project team, leadership, the customer and the business on various HR and
- employee relations policies, practices, and initiatives.
- Partners with HR Service Delivery and Legalto mitigate risk in the transition, onboarding and incentivizing processes
- during the implementation process.
- Develops, leads and facilitates HR project plan and timelines; maintaining communication at all levels throughout the
- course of the project to effectively meet project objectives.
- Presents Human Resources strategies for all customer presentations. Manages standardization of the human
- resources communication for all business implementations.
- Ensures consistent and effective planning for each implementation to accomplish goals within a defined schedule,
- material and personnel resources.
- Plans, leads, organizes and controls multiple project initiatives according to approved scope and schedule.
- Interact directly with various customer representatives ranging from senior operations, IT representatives, warehouse
- operations and end-users.
- Collaborates with customer and operations leadership to identify optimum solutions for staff transitions to ensure
- retention and positive employee relations are maintained.
- Partners with HR functional groups to continuously improve HR processes; working with department leaders to
- streamline processes.
- Ensures HR functional groups are supporting, training and mentoring HR/operations site resources in the use of
- effective tools, forms, processes and policies.
- Creates documentation that enables the transition from implementation to post implementation support.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business or related field preferred and 8-10 years of relevant experience.
- In lieu of degree, high school diploma or GED and 10 years of relevant experience.
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred.
- Well rounded and demonstrable knowledge of Human Resources practices, laws and trends; dedication to keeping
- current on new legislation.
- Thorough knowledge of federal and state regulations regarding human resources.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
- Strong technical/functional knowledge of HR practices and alignment with business strategy.
- Understands the impact of people strategy on financial results.
- Able to translate business plans into human resources strategy.
- Excellent coaching, counseling and negotiations skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated project management experience on multi-disciplinary HR projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively present plans and respond to questions in a group setting.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21679