HR Advisor, Talent Acquisition
Requisition ID: 21720
• A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
• A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
• An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
• A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
- Delivers the talent acquisition strategy achieved by deploying best practice recruitment strategies. While centered on recruitment expertise, this position has a significant focus on the delivery of solutions across the enterprise such as proactive sourcing, vendor management strategy, advisory consultation and delivery of all tools and policies, and various FedEx enterprise projects.
- Develops and delivers broad ranging company solutions that will apply expert methods, align with company objectives as well as ensures adherence to company standards.
- Applies project management concepts (e.g., designs and develops project timeline, etc.) and coordinates with subject matter experts and/or clients to ensure timely and accurate project completion.
- Develops and maintains relationships with subject matter experts and/or company leaders and ensures outcomes are measured, accurate and relevant.
- Partners with key stakeholders across geographies, business areas and facilities to create cohesive and repeatable enterprise solutions balancing specialist needs with the common benefits for the organization.
- Applies broad understanding of operations, company, and enterprise utilizing systems thinking to proactively address customer needs and link business to effective workforce strategies. Designs and implements continuous improvements and demonstrates an evolution of strategy over time.
- Researches, educates, and applies best practice trends based on needs of the department/company/enterprise.
- Incorporates company business practices into communications and deliverables to illustrate best practices that should be utilized for maximum effectiveness.
- Assists in the design, support, and administration of evaluation processes for all deliverables and outcomes to ensure accurate understanding and comprehension of applicable behaviors, policy adherence and practices.
- Runs reports to analyze common themes or trends as a means to measure success rates, including reviewing employee feedback surveys and focus group data to identify areas for improvement.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and business area leaders to proactively address customer needs and link business strategies to overall objectives and outcomes. Develops and maintains relationships with upper management to ensure understanding of company.
- Designs and implements process improvements to ensure cost saving, time saving, quality improvement, and customer satisfaction. Ensures that low cost and enterprise wide investment strategies are leveraged as a first option and measures effectiveness of all vendor solutions that are employed.
- Mentors and develops critical skills sets of employees within the department.
- Collaborates with peers and manager on schedule, administration, and logistics within defined timeline and budget.
- Leads and participates in special/strategic projects and initiatives to resolve organizational gaps.
- Collaborates with FedEx operating companies to share successful practices, business knowledge, and expertise.
You might be a great fit if...
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial & Organizational Psychology, Psychology or related Human Resources fields, strongly preferred.
- 8+ years of professional experience in a Talent Acquisition role, required
- French/English Bilingual communications skills, strongly preferred
- Demonstrable expertise across various technical and operational platforms including a proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional written, verbal, and presentation skills to all levels of the organization. Presentation skills necessary to facilitate training and/or deliver informational sessions to groups and/or individuals.
- Strong prioritization, interpersonal, problem-solving, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills.
- Time management and organizational skills necessary to manage multiple projects, appropriately prioritize workload, plan for resources to meet deadlines and goals, and respond to day-to-day functional needs. Demonstrated ability to measure KPIs and quantify outcomes.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships and to gain input and influence decision makers.
- Demonstrated ability to see projects through to successful completion from the idea/concept stage, deadline focused, organized and able to prioritize multiple projects.
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
FedEx Supply Chain is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. FedEx Supply Chain participates in E-Verify.