Requisition ID: 21752
About FedEx Supply Chain
FedEx Supply Chain, a subsidiary of FedEx Corp. (NYSE: FDX), is a leader in the third-party logistics industry offering a diverse service portfolio that enables commerce for businesses. With a proven track record of innovation and operational excellence, FedEx Supply Chain takes a consultative approach to optimize logistics processes, implement innovative technology and drive continuous improvement. By leveraging best practices and the world-renowned FedEx network, FedEx Supply Chain delivers leading solutions that provide flexibility, enable scalability and improve cost-effectiveness for customers. Through more than 11,000 employees, 130 operations and 35 million square feet of warehouse space, FedEx Supply Chain manages nearly 150 million packages and processes 358 million returns each year. For more information, go to supplychain.fedex.com.
- A strong FedEx brand consistently ranked among the world’s most admired and trusted employers.
- A top notch leadership team with the experience needed to grow and develop your career.
- An open mind for new ideas and creative methods.
- A strong compensation and benefits package, including health, vision, dental, 401k with a strong match and much more!
The Manager, IT provides leadership and initiative in the overall coordination of high level and detailed design deliverables including designs for LINUX servers, storage, and virtual environments and system interfaces to meet business requirements/specifications for significant projects. Develops and documents system standards based on best practices. Recommends system tuning parameters to achieve best possible performance. As needed, apply specialized technical knowledge to advise other teams and recommend solutions to technical design problems to meet business requirements. Develops technologies related to storage networking and storage provisioning.
This position will be responsible for…..
- Manages at least 2 full time exempt direct reports. Management responsibilities include, but are not limited to hiring, coaching, skills development, recognition and rewards, staff productivity and performance management to include disciplinary actions up to and including termination.
- Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls the day-to-day operations of the department; develops and implements policies and programs as necessary.
- Develops and manages the department budget, ensures compliance and addresses variances and other budget concerns
- Advises management and business units in making budgetary recommendations for strategic direction of the LINUX, Vmware (ESX), Storage/SAN infrastructure.
- Develop and enforce standards for the installation, backup, recovery and configuration of IBM AIX systems implementing LPAR’s, VIO servers, and HMC. Design and implement solutions using mksysb, mkdvd for system recovery.
- Design installations, backup and recovery of HPUX systems. Design solutions using ignite for system recovery.
- Design and configure RHEL systems. Design system recovery solutions using tools such as satellite and kickstart for system recovery.
- Design, Installations and configuration of Sun Solaris.
- Design ESX servers and virtual environments.
- Develop a strategic design, for storage systems. Create configurations of advanced Storage and SAN solutions. Design storage replication technologies.
- Lead and/or assist in resolution of complex production problems related to system performance, network and storage.
- Gather performance and data usage statistics for capacity planning and reporting.
- Generate and maintain documentation of the LINUX, SAN and Storage environments.
- Design system security across LINUX platforms.
- Design printing solutions.
- Recommend and design operating system backup solutions for system recovery and disaster recovery.
You might be a great fit if….
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and 8 years of relevant experience.
- Span of control is at department level or above.
- Previous management experience required.
- Minimum of 7 Years of Experience with LINUX, Storage, BCDR technologies and techniques
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Customer service driven.
- Strong team player.
With or without accommodation:
- Ability to follow policies and procedures.
- Ability to read, write and interpret information.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Ability to sit/walk/stand for up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to intermittently crawl, squat, climb, twist, bend, stoop, push or pull.
- Must possess visual acuity, i.e., close, distance, and color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
ADA – FedEx Supply Chain will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. Reasonable accommodations are available for qualified individuals with disabilities throughout the subsequent application process.
Fed Ex Supply Chain is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Job ID: 21752